Outline as of January 11, 2022
- Corporate Name
- Kobayashi Foundation for Cancer Research
- 1-27, Kanda Nishiki-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-8444, Japan
- Date of Foundation
- December 9, 2008
- Purpose of Establishment
- The purpose of Kobayashi Foundation for Cancer Research is to promote academic fields and science technologies in the field of cancer treatment and contribute to the development and improvement of cancer treatment by making grants/giving awards to innovative/pioneering cancer treatments about cancer chemotherapy, giving awards to outstanding social activities in the field of cancer treatment and making grants to human resource cultivation through the promotion of the latest academic information.
- Making grants and giving awards to innovative treatments about cancer chemotherapy.
- Giving awards to remarkable social contributions in the field of cancer treatment.
- Making grants to pioneering treatments about cancer chemotherapy.
- Holding symposia on the latest cancer chemotherapy and making grants to promotion activities through publications.
- Other businesses to achieve our objectives.
- Chairman of the Council
- Tadao KakizoePresident, The Japan Cancer Society
- Teijiro FurukawaFormer Chairman of the Board of Directors, Imperial Gift Foundation Boshi-Aiiku-Kai
Former Deputy Chief Cabinet Secretary
- Takeo SekiyaChairman of the Board of Directors, Princess Takamatsu Cancer Research Fund
- Michihiko KuwanoProfessor Emeritus, Kyushu University
- Masayuki KobayashiExecutive Director, Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd.
President & Representative Director, Taiho Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Chairman of the Board of Directors
- Teruhiro UtsugiSenior Managing Director, Board Member
Discovery & Preclinical Research Division, Intellectual Property
Taiho Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Tatsuji IgaProfessor Emeritus, The University of Tokyo Former President, The Japanese Society of Hospital Pharmacists
- Misako KojimaFormer President, Seirei Christopher University Former President, The Japanese Society of Cancer Nursing
- Morito MondenPresident, Sakai City Medical Center
President, the Japanese Association of Medical Sciences
- Ryuzo UedaProfessor, Tumor Immunology, School of Medicine, Aichi Medical University
Professor Emeritus, Nagoya City University
- Tsuguo TakahashiCertified Public Accountant
- Tetsuo TaguchiProfessor Emeritus, Osaka University
- Yukio KobayashiExecutive Advisor, Taiho Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Takao OhnumaDivision of Hematology and Oncology Mount Sinai School of Medicine Professor of Medicine