Outline as of September 1, 2018
- Corporate Name
- Kobayashi Foundation for Cancer Research
- 1-14-10, Uchikanda, Chiyoda-ku Tokyo 101-0047, Japan
- Date of Foundation
- December 9, 2008
- Purpose of Establishment
- The purpose of Kobayashi Foundation for Cancer Research is to promote academic fields and science technologies in the field of cancer treatment and contribute to the development and improvement of cancer treatment by making grants/giving awards to innovative/pioneering cancer treatments about cancer chemotherapy, giving awards to outstanding social activities in the field of cancer treatment and making grants to human resource cultivation through the promotion of the latest academic information.
- Making grants and giving awards to innovative treatments about cancer chemotherapy.
- Giving awards to remarkable social contributions in the field of cancer treatment.
- Making grants to pioneering treatments about cancer chemotherapy.
- Holding symposia on the latest cancer chemotherapy and making grants to promotion activities through publications.
- Other businesses to achieve our objectives.
- Chairman of the Council
- Tadao KakizoePresident, The Japan Cancer Society
- Teijiro FurukawaChairman of the Board of Directors, Imperial Gift Foundation Boshi-Aiiku-Kai Former Deputy Chief Cabinet Secretary
- Takeo SekiyaDirector, Sasaki Institute
- Michihiko KuwanoProfessor Emeritus, Kyushu University
- Masayuki KobayashiExecutive Director, Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd.
President & Representative Director, Taiho Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Chairman of the Board of Directors
- Naotaka NishiyamaCorporate Adviser, Taiho Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Tatsuji IgaProfessor Emeritus, The University of Tokyo Former President, The Japanese Society of Hospital Pharmacists
- Misako KojimaFormer President, Seirei Christopher University Former President, The Japanese Society of Cancer Nursing
- Morito MondenPresident, Sakai City Medical Center
President, the Japanese Association of Medical Sciences
- Ryuzo UedaProfessor, Tumor Immunology, School of Medicine, Aichi Medical University
Adviser, Nagoya City Hospital Bureau
- Tsuguo TakahashiCertified Public Accountant
- Takashi SugimuraPresident Emeritus, National Cancer Center
- Tetsuo TaguchiProfessor Emeritus, Osaka University
- Yukio KobayashiExecutive Advisor, Taiho Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Tetsuhiko ShirasakaVisiting Professor, Kitasato Institute for Life Sciences, Kitasato University Visiting Professor, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Tokushima