The 1st Kobayashi Foundation Award
Kobayashi Foundation Award will be given to the outstanding researchers who made remarkable social contributions in the field of cancer chemotherapy in Asian countries other than Japan.
How to apply
Abstract presenters of the 9th International Conference of the Asian Clinical Oncology Society(ACOS), who agree with the purpose of this award and wish to apply, can proceed the application on the ACOS official website,
The selection committee composed of cancer chemotherapy experts will screen the presentation abstracts and select the award winner.
Award and Prize
About 15 Asian researchers from all candidates will be selected and awarded (JPY 2million in total).
- Oral Presenters
- 6 researchers (JPY 200,000 each)
- Poster Presenters
- 8 researchers (JPY 100,000 each)
Selection Committee and Selection Policy
- Kobayashi Foundation Award is for researchers in Asian countries except Japan.
- All abstracts applied for the award are divided into oral and poster abstracts, and the selection committee gives scores to them from 1 (the lowest) to 5 (the highest).
- The researchers in many Asian countries are given the award by the purpose of our foundation, which is to contribute to the development of cancer treatment in Asian countries.
Therefore, only one for every ten abstract is selected and the maximum number of winners is three per country.
- The abstracts about cancer chemotherapy have a priority if there is not much difference in total scores.
- The chairman of the selection committee doesn’t evaluate and give scores to the abstracts but makes a final decision on the winners.
- If there are abstracts with same points, the decision is left to the chairman of the selection committee
The name of Winner, title of abstracts and country
(1) Oral Presentation : 5 researches (JPY 200,000 each)
( ) number of abstract submission
- Hypermethylation of the RECK gene predicts poor prognosis in oral squamous cell carcinomas (32)
DEPARTMENT OF PLASTIC AND MAXILLOFACIAL SURGERY, HANOI VN-CB HOSPITAL, VIETNAM1, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial sciences, Graduate school of Medicine, Gifu university, Japan2, Department of Tumor Pathology, Graduate School of Medicine, Gifu University, Japan3, LONG KHANH NGUYEN1, 2, Toshiyuki Shibata2, Akira Hara3, Keizo Kato2, Tomomi Yamashita2, Makoto Toida2, Hiroki Makita2
- A MULTICENTRE PHASE II FEASIBILITY STUDY EVALUATING GEMCITABINE / VINORELBINE / PREDNISOLONE COMBINATION CHEMOTHERAPY IN RELAPSED / REFRACTORY HODGKIN's DISEASE (33)
Oncology Department, Combined Military Hospital and Medical College, Lahore1, Oncology Department, Mayo Hospital, King Edward Medical University Lahore2, Oncology Department, Allied Hospital, Faialabad Medical College, Faisalabad3, Naeem Naqi1, Shaharyar Ahmad2, Ijaz Shah3
- Quality assurance of the KROG 08-06 study, Phase III randomized trial to investigate the role of internal mammary lymph node irradiation for breast cancer patients (150)
Department of Radiation Oncology, Severance Hospital, Yonsei University Health System, Korea1, Department of Radiation Oncology, Asan Medical Center, Korea2, Department of Radiation Oncology, Samsung Medical Center, Korea3, Proton Therapy Center, National Cancer Center, Korea4, Department of Radiation Oncology, Chonnam National University Hospital, Korea5, Department of Radiation Oncology, Dong-A University Hospital, Korea6, Department of Radiation Oncology, Gangnam Severance Hospital, Korea7, Department of Radiation Oncology, Ewha Womans University Mokdong Hospital, Korea8, Department of Radiation Oncology, Pusan National University Hospital, Korea9, Department of Radiation Oncology, Inha University Hospital, Korea10, Department of Radiation Oncology, St. Vincent's Hospital, Korea11 Yoonsun Chung1, Yong Bae Kim1, Su Ssan Kim2, Hee Rim Nam3, Kyung Hwan Shin4, Sung-Ja Ahn5, Hyung-Sik Lee6, Ik Jae Lee7, Hyun Suk Suh8, Dong Won Kim9, Woo Chul Kim10, Sung Hwan Kim11, Chang-Ok Suh1
- High-Dose Chemotherapy and Autologous Stem Cell Transplantation in Patients with Peripheral T-cell Lymphoma: Transplantation in the Complete Remission to the First-line Chemotherapy may be the best timing (268)
Department of Medical Oncology, Cancer Institute and Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College (CAMS & PUMC), Beijing China1, Department of Radiotherapy, Cancer Institute and Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College (CAMS & PUMC), Beijing China2, Lin Gui1, Yuankai Shi1, Xiaohui He1, Xiaohong Han1, Shengyu Zhou1, Kehuan Luo1, Shikai Wu1, Feng Pan1, Peng Liu1, Jiangliang Yang1, Yingheng Lei2, Hongzhi Zhang2, Changgong Zhang1, Sheng Yang1, Yan Qin1
- TROGLITAZONE MODULATES DOXORUBICIN DRUG RESISTANCE THROUGH MDR1, p53, IL8 and ECOP (442)
DEPT. OF MOLECULAR ONCOLOGY, CANCER INSTITUTE (WIA), ADYAR, CHENNAI, INDIA1, THANGARAJAN RAJKUMAR1, TITHI PARIJA1, MANOHARAN YAMUNA1
(2) Poster Presentation : 6 researches (JPY 100,000 each)
( ) number of abstract submission
- QUANTITATIVE COX2 PROMOTER METHYLATION ANALYSIS IN GASTRIC CARCINOMA (67)
Department of Surgery, Chonnam National University Medical School1, Department of Pathology, Chonnam National University Medical School2
Jae Kyoon Joo1, Dong Yi Kim1, Jae Hyuk Lee2, Chang Hyun Kim1, Ho Gun Kim1, Seong Yeob Ryu1, Chan Yong Park1
- Serial Changes in the Expression of Breast Cancer-Related Proteins In Response to Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy (282)
Department of Haematology-Oncology, National University Health System, Singapore1, Department of Pathology, National University Health System, Singapore2, Department of Surgery, National University Health System, Singapore3, Benjamin YS Chuah1, Amanda Charlton2, Manuel Salto-Tellez2, Philip Iau3, Thomas Putti2, Chiung-Ing Wong1, Sing-Huang Tan1, Boon-Cher Goh1, Soo-Chin Lee1
- Helicobacter Pylori Infection as an Independent Prognostic Factor for Locally Advanced Gastric Cancer Patients Treated With Adjuvant Chemotherapy After Curative Resection (308)
Department of Hematology-Oncology, Ajou University School of Medicine, Korea (Rep.).1, Seok Y Kang1, Hyun W Lee1,
- A randomized phase II study of irinotecan monotherapy versus irinotecan plus 5-fluorouracil/leucovorin combination as a salvage chemotherapy in previously treated patients with advanced/metastatic gastric cancer (382)
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, Gachon University Gil Hospital, Incheon, Korea1, Department of General Surgery2, Division of Hematology/Oncology, Department of Medicine, Sungkyunkwan University Samsung Medical Center, Seoul3, Sun Jin Sym1, Yae Min Park1, Se Hoon Park3, Junsik Hong1, Jinny Park1, Eun Kyung
- CDA-2 Inhibits Growth of C6 Glioma Cells Accompanied With Down Regulation of DNA Methyltransferase 1 and Inhibition of Platelet-Derived Growth Factor Receptor and Akt/PKB Signaling (390)
Cancer center, Taipei Medical University-Wan Fang Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan1, National Institute of Cancer Research, National Health Research Institutes, Taipei, Taiwan2
Gi-Ming Lai1, Shuang-En Chuang2, Ya-Yu Yang2, Chuan-Feng Yeh2, Tsai-Shu Hu1, Chih-Jung Yao1
- Identification of predictive factors in the radiosensitivity of glioma cells: special focus on angiogenesis, proliferation and apoptosis as tumor biological behaviours (415)
Department of Neurosurgery, Cipto Mangunkusumo General Hospital, Jakarta, Indonesia1, Department of Radiotherapy, Cipto Mangunkusumo General Hospital, Jakarta, Indonesia2 Renindra, A Aman1, Soehartati Gondhowiardjo2,
The reasons why they won the award are as below.
These clinical reports have creative achievements about cancer chemotherapy in the field of cancer treatment, and the research results can be expected to contribute to the development and improvement of cancer treatment in Asian countries.
These clinical reports have progressive achievements about cancer chemotherapy in the field of cancer treatment, and the continuation of these clinical researches can contribute to the development and improvement of cancer treatment in each country in the future.
The award will be presented at the closing ceremony of the 9th ACOS.
Office of the 9th International Conferences of ACOS
Kobayashi Foundation for Cancer Research